Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday treats

Dad's birthday is coming up so I've started figuring out what to make. It's the 12th, which is a Friday, and he's a super Catholic so it means no meat. Hrm. I think I'm going to try this Artichoke Spinach lasagna, although this foodnetwork Greek/Italian hybrid Spanakopita Lasagna sounded pretty amazing. My sister may be bringing a few friends home so figured I shouldn't go too oddball ;) I may try that one another time though. I love Greek food...

My Dad's favorite cake is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. In the past I've tried making boston cream pie but that doesn't keep well, so I think I'm going to stick with the basic. Going to try this chick's yellow cake, she seems to rave about it so we'll see. :) Not going to use her frosting, I'm sticking with my Hershey's frosting out of their cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment