Saturday, July 17, 2010

New favorite salad.


I took my inspiration from this salad on allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Spinach-Salad-I/Detail.aspx

But I added a whole bunch of stuff :)
(Mark it down folks, I actually have a picture of something)

Summer Spinach salad

Ingredients
dressing:
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced onion

salad:
10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
1 pint raspberries - cleaned, I cut the big ones in half
1 can mandarin oranges - drained and big ones cut in half
1 cup cooked chicken, diced (or dino nuggets cut up - yes I've done this)
1 cucumber, cleaned & diced
couple handfuls of matchstick carrots
1/3 cup almond accents butter toffee glazed almonds
crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, to taste

Directions
In a liquid shaker (like this Tupperware one I love), shake together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Chill for one hour.

In a large bowl or gladware container, toss the salad ingredients.

If serving right away: toss dressing with salad
If making for multiple servings (what I do when Chris is out of town), just add the dressing with your portion. Hence that wonderful shaker with a spout.

No comments:

Post a Comment