Tuesday, September 21, 2010

reminder to post these

I am taking these two appetizers to a rehearsal dinner for Chris' cousin next weekend. Looked up the recipes to see what I'll need to pick up at the store soon and it reminded me that I don't think I've posted either one. :)

We always did the mini muffins (so they're bite sized) so I can't vouch for the timing on the big ones. Makes a TON of little baby ones, so good for large parties / get togethers or you can freeze then give out at Christmas. I am going to be using Cherry Republic's "Cherries & Cherries" cherry sauce for mine. If I go thru a jar I'll probably throw some of that apple butter on the remaining ones rather than use a partial other jar ;)

CERAMIC CHEESECAKES

Cheesecake:
3 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Jam or preserves

Preheat oven to 300 F
Mix together all of the cheesecake ingredients. Divide into cupcake tins with papers in cups (if using minis 1Tbsp is filled size). Bake 35-45 minutes for regular sized cupcakes; 10-15 minutes for mini’s.

Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
Fill depression with topping (for minis 1/2tsp) and then dot with small amount of jam (1/4tsp for minis).

Bake @ 325 F for 10 minutes. Cool then chill. Can be frozen.


The second recipe is sort of an oddball, but my husband LOVES it. I actually got it from the weight watchers message boards back in 2005, go figure.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

4oz roasted chicken breast, diced or shredded.
1/2 cup of Frank's buffalo sauce
8 oz block of cream cheese (I usually use only the lite not fat free as fat free doesn't seem to melt well)
1/2 cup light blue cheese or ranch dressing

cut up celery for side
Fritos or Tostidos scoops (they're bad for you but it does taste good with the Fritos)

Combine all ingredients and throw it all in a small crockpot and let it heat through on high. Can be doubled easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment