I'll be married 7 years so some of my kitchen gadgets have bit the dust, are MIA, or melted in the dishwasher (cheap plastic measuring spoons). So this last weekend I treated myself to some new gadgets :)
First stop was Williams Sonoma, the dangerous store. I was pretty good, but I couldn't resist these 3 things:
- Mechanical Pastry Bag I can have pretty cakes/cupcakes now! ;)
- I bought both the all clad measuring spoons & Odd Sizes measuring cups (wasn't a set with odd sized spoons). I was pretty excited about the odd sized measuring cups. 2/3 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1 1/2 cup. Yes I'm lazy but it will make my life a little easier while baking :) and no more melting the measuring spoons in the dishwasher, these babies are metal.
Then I wandered Macy's while my husband was in the Apple store. I had $20 on a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and they didn't have the Privos shoes I wanted in my size (AGAIN, I hate Macy's shoe dept). So I decided to see what kind of gadgets Martha had I couldn't live without. She had a few ;)
- pretty blue trivet, I never had gotten around to getting a non-holiday trivet.
- collapsible funnel, I killed my funnel awhile ago. I like that it squishes flat for storage :)
- a Martha batter bowl, which is apparently not online :-p (has a handle and a spout)
- martha's everything clips though mine are red I wish they were blue. I was sold because you can throw them in the freezer :) I've lost a few chip clips to the freezer.
and I got a set of little silicone coated wine stoppers, since we somehow lost our good one.
And my weird gadget that works recommendation is The Skurba potato glove not to be confused with those crazy peeling gloves. No, these just scrub your taters clean. Chris' aunt bought me some for Christmas in Sweden and I thought she was nucking futs. But they actually work really well ;) just have to keep the water not too cold if you are doing a lot of potatoes or your fingers get numb ;)