Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Tamale Casserole

Since I began watching what I ate again, one thing I really missed is mexican food. I love the stuff, can't get enough. So when this recipe came up on the recipe review board on WW online, I was quite excited. I'm trying it for the first time tonight, hope its good :)

Chicken Tamale Casserole

Yield: 8 servings (I am making it 6, I know I'll want to eat a lot and I'll take the extra few points.)

Ingredients
1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (i.e. martha white or jiffy)
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
Cooking spray
1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (I'm doing a pound of chicken diced)
1/2 cup sour cream (I like RF)

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400°.

2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. (Original poster notes: It took way longer to set for me, like 30 min at least) Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment