Monday, January 12, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I loved this soup but of course my husband didn't because it had the dreaded broccoli in it. He will eat broccoli smothered in cheese but apparently it was "too much broccoli" in this soup. Oh well, I will wait until he goes out of town and make it for Dad and I again. Mwahaha.

This recipe is on allrecipes so I'll just direct you over there.... Broccoli Cheese Soup you can feel free to use my suggestions below or make it as is ;)

I added "matchstick" carrots and frozen corn to the broccoli when cooking in the broth. Then added ham cubes when I added the milk/garlic powder. I also didn't have enough velveeta last time I made it so I only used about 1/2 pound of that and 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar. The people that bitch about the onion probably don't know about the small (slightly larger than a golfball) cooking onions. If you use like a yellow onion you'd have way too much. I also didn't think the garlic powder was too much, but I like garlic and had the other veggies/ham/cheese flavors in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment