Monday, January 12, 2009

Glazed Pork

I don't recall where I found this one, I thought it may have been allrecipes but I searched on its ingredients and didn't find it. I love this one because it has a very different flavor and is good to break the rut of casseroles, stews, and soups this time of year.

Glazed Pork

1 pound pork tenderloin (or I buy the tenderloin medallions/pieces already cut for me) trimmed/cut into 16 pieces
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 cup raisins (I omit)
1/4 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar
2 Tbsp capers (I omit)
1 Tbsp olive oil

Combine flour, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, salt, cumin, cardamom, and pepper; rub evenly over pork (I put in a bag and shake it. Or flip the pork around in a bowl. I am lazy). I often do this step hours ahead of time so it can absorb into the meat in the refridgerator during the day.

Combine 1 Tbsp brown sugar, raisins, juice, vinegar, and capers, stirring until sugar dissolves.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork; cook 2 minutes, turn pork over and cook 1 minute (I brown mine then flip and brown it again). Add the vinegar mixture; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens and pork is done. I let mine cook on low while I finish the sides.

This is really good with brown rice or couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment