Monday, January 12, 2009

Orange Sauced Chicken

I made this the other night for dinner. It was again another weightwatchers board recipe, though I changed the breading method for the chicken to make it at little tastier (though not quite so guiltless). I also doubled the sauce because I was making 3 chicken boobs and the recipe called for 2 tiny ones. I like sauce, so sue me.

Orange Sauced Chicken

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp of orange marmalade
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp dried crushed rosemary
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup flour
2-4 boneless skinles chicken breasts, pounded to a uniform thickness.
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups italian style bread crumbs
Pam
spray butter

Add salt, pepper, paprika, and flour to a quart or larger zip lock bag, seal and shake to combine. Whisk egg with milk in a bowl large enough for chicken dunking. Place breadcrumbs on a dinner plate (spread out).

Pam a skillet large enough for your chicken breasts, heat on medium to prepare pan.

Put chicken one breast at a time in the flour bag, seal/shake, then dip in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs. Place breasts in the heated skillet as you finish. I then spray buttered them on the side not on the skillet.

Cook the chicken 3-5 minutes per side, until lightly browned on each side. While chicken is cooking, combine the OJ, marmalade, broth, lemon juice, rosemary, cornstarch, and some fresh ground pepper and salt (to taste). Whisk well until combined.

Once the chicken is browned reduce heat, add liquid, and simmer, stirring/flipping chicken occasionally. I let mine simmer for about 20 minutes while I cooked the sides, I had large chicken breasts and wanted to be sure they were done. The original recipe said 5-6 minutes or until chicken is done.

I had enough sauce that I plated the chicken and drizzled sauce over top. Was very good with some these baked potatoes and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment