Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marshall Fields Chicken Salad

I got the Marshall Fields cookbook for Christmas, Macy's was apparently almost giving them away. Since they don't exist anymore, I figured I was safe to post this recipe. I made some on Tuesday night and it was still good for lunch today :)

Marshall Fields Chicken Salad

2lbs cooked white meat chicken, cubed
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 1/4 cups mayo
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Combine in a large bowl, enjoy :)

To poach the chicken in the oven place in a large pan (i.e. 9x13) and fill at least 1/4 inch with water. Cover with foil and bake @ 350 for at least 30 minutes or until done. I used the frozen breasts that come in a bag (like from Tyson) and did it for 45.

Variations:
peach bowl: Place a scoop on lettuce, top with sliced almonds and surround with fresh peaches.

sandwich: I like to toast wheat bread and eat it as a sammich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment